Uni Knot (Shank Tie).
The Uni Knot is a reliable general purpose fishing knot that provide an even, straight-line pull to the fish.
Tying The Snell Knot - Uni Knot Version.
1. Run a line through the hook eye and down the shank of the hook. Form a loop below the hook with the line.
2. Pass tag end of line around hook shank and through loop 4 to 6 times. Keep wraps tight to each other.
3. Work coils down shank to eye and pull tag end and standing line to tighten.
Tying the Snell Knot in 12 Steps - Video
The Fast and Easy way (even with thick mono) to tie Snell Knots are with
Tie-Fast Knot Tyer - Video
For more information on the Tie Fast Knot Tyer click here.
With the Tie-Fast you can also tie the following knots:
1) Snell Knot (Provide an even, straight-line pull to the fish).
2) Uni Knot (Similar to the Snell Knot)
It is a reliable general purpose fishing knot that provide an even, straight-line
pull to the fish.
3) Blood Knot (Barrel Knot) - Join the butt end of a tapered leader to the butt section.
OR join Fluorocarbon to superbraids (fishing braid).
4) Nail Knot (Joining fly line to backing)
OR use the Nail Knot to join mono/braid to Lead Core.
5) Use the Gryp Knot for Lures (works great on cranks since you don't have to drop
trebles through a loop), Hooks and Swivels.
Gryp Knot Tip: For Extra Breaking Strength pass the line Through The Eye TWICE!
This knot won't fail - Your line may break near the knot but the knot will still be on the hook/lure or swivel.
6) Bomb Proof your Fly Line Loop.
7) Die Tie-Fast Knot Tyer en die Grypknoop - Afrikaanse artikel.